Meat Grinder Reviews – Top 10 Best Meat Grinders 2017
The meat lovers want greater variety in their food. Sometimes, they like it cooked as whole meat pieces, sometimes barbecue and sometimes they want it minced. There are countless advantages of having a quality meat grinder at home. Some people might think that it is a time consuming process in preparing meals, but the time taken is worth it to enjoy the meat in its refined form.
The chances of contamination in the preprocessed meat are considerably higher as it may contain bits of different meat sources. The preprocessed beef for this reason shouldn’t ever be cooked at medium-rare level. Grinding it using a quality machine at home makes your meat much safer to eat.
Having domestic meat grinders ensure that what you are eating is something what you like it to be. It gives you optimum control over the texture and flavor of the meat. To get a better idea about the different products you can check out for best meat grinder reviews.
This comprehensive review is about everything you need to know about a meat grinder. In these meat grinder reviews you would find different types, uses and its features of best meat grinders in the market. Further, you will benefit from a well researched list of the Top meat grinders available in the market.
Top Best Meat Grinder Reviews 2017 (Recommendations)
STX is a very successful brand which has sold about 80,000 meat grinders in just a period of 7 years. It is a powerful electric type system with a powerful motor of 3000 watts. It is a three speed system which can perform at High, Low and in Reverse motion.
A circuit breaker is also installed in the system for safety purposes. It comes with 3 grinding plates, 3 cutting blades and 3 pieces of Kubbe attachment and sausage tubes. The manufacturer offers this grinder with a replace or fix warranty of 1 year.
The STX 3000 TF can be purchased by the users with the peace of mind with its 1 year warranty which includes both parts and labor. Moreover, the manufacturer also gives a 100 percent guarantee of fix and repair within the warranty time period which helps them make a good quick decision without having any second thoughts
This one is a reasonably powerful system with a .75 HP motor with wattage of 575 Watts. The manufacturer claims it to be a great product which is ideal for frequent use. The meat tray is quite spacious for easy handling of the grinding tasks. The system has all the gears made of metallic material and the overall weight of the unit is 47pounds.
So you need to install it permanently in one fixed place due to difficulty of moving the product. The useful accessories that come with the product include a meat stomper, 3 stainless steel plates, big bite auger, stainless steel knife and 3 stuffing tubes as well. It has a warranty of 2 years.
Cleaning is very easily done as all the parts can be disassembled and assembled fairly easily. You will enjoy the benefit of washing it easily in a dishwasher, which will save your time and would also take care of hygiene in the best possible manner.
This one from STX is a patented air induction cooling system which offers a locked 3000 watts of motor power. It has high and low speed with reverse function as well. Circuit breaker with the high performance system is installed for safety reasons.
The output diameter is 2-½ inch for the meat and then a 2 inch output diameter for the associated feed tube. This one comes with 3 cutting blades, 3 sausage tubes and a Beaner plate as well. The satisfaction rate of the customers associated with the brand is over 99 percent and the manufacturer offers it with 1 year satisfaction warranty.
The main advantage of STX products is their impressive customer support and immense warranty services. This product is no different and is given with 1 year parts and service warranty. The company makes sure that your product is either repaired or it is replaced with a new one if any issue arises within the warranty period.
This is a limited capacity system, but good enough for normal domestic kitchen needs. The motor of this system has a rated power of 400W and the maximum locked power of the grinder is 800W.
The potential for grinding of this system is of 170 pounds meat in an hour. The job becomes further easier with its large capacity tray and a reasonably big size body of stainless steel material. The machine is easy to use with its single start button option. The system offers extremely good ventilation and provides the output with low noise levels. There is a set of sausage attachment as well.
The reverse function is another great thing about this system as there wouldn’t be any system jamming caused by clogged meat. You can initiate the reverse function to ensure that the grinding machine grinds smoothly and it saves your precious time as well.
It is a commercial level product which is fine for heavy duty use for grinding big chunks of meat at a time. The motor has 1 HP, capacity which takes the entire load for grinding meat.
The accessories that come along with this system include the auger for big bite, a knife made of stainless steel, and a stomper. 3 stainless steel plates and equal number of stuffing tubes are also included in the package. The machine weights 63 pounds, which is heavy and not easy to move around. So you need to install it permanently in one corner of your kitchen space.
The user manual of this heavy duty machine is of great value in terms of giving you all the right information about the product. One crucial point is that you cannot use it for grinding and stuffing sausages at the same time. Further, the grinder can be used easily for all meat types and raw pieces of chicken such as wings and thighs etc.
It is a manual type of grinder which comes with useful features to allow top quality grinding with minimal efforts and no energy bill worries at all. The system has 2 grinder plates of stainless steel material which can give you coarse and medium ground meat.
However, it doesn’t have the capacity to produce finely ground meat and neither this manual system could have a reverse function. The system is fairly easy to assemble and detach for easy cleaning of it. It is considered a generous food hopper which stores up supplementary grinding plates and also has the much needed food pusher. You will be given this product with a 1 year warranty.
People looking to use the machine to grind bones for cat-food wouldn’t find it the best option as everything in meat/ bones are required to take 90 degrees turn into the shaft which isn’t possible for the bones.
It is a hand operated manual grinder made from heavy duty stainless steel material. It is capable of giving a good output as good as the electric type, but requires some effort to be made from the user. The material of the machine is rust resistant and easier to clean as well. The wide opening on the clamp enables mounting of the product on any table or a countertop with ease. It has a set of 3 stuffing tubes for sausages, a knife made of stainless steel and 2 plates of stainless steel.
Unlike many other hand-operated manual grinding machines, this one comparatively requires you to put in lesser efforts. So, even women having lesser power would find it very convenient to operate. Moreover, the client will enjoy the benefit of no electric bill tension and the manual machine obviously requires lesser maintenance and last for a long time.
The product has a good capacity for limited domestic needs with its rated motor power of 250 Watts and the maximum locked power of 800 Watts. It has a stainless steel cutting blade and a detachable aluminum tube. The full set of accessories also includes 3stainless steel cutting plates, 3 sausage attachments, 1 Kubbe attachment and a plastic food pusher. It has the capacity to process about 150 pounds of meat in an hour. 1 year warranty is also given by the manufacturer.
The machine can also be creatively used for serving a lot of other needs. The Zuchinni noodle lovers will find it exceptionally helpful as it can be used produce such a recipe out of it. For this purpose, you need to remove the blades of the machine and then operate. This thing has been tried and tested before which has worked exceptionally well for many users of the machine.
This is a good quality system offering a good resourceful motor giving 350 watts. IT has a large size die cast hopper. The reverse function of the machine can be easily controlled using its simple ON/ OFF switch. There are 3 numbers of cutting plates which gives you ground meat in fine, medium and coarse form. The package becomes even more attractive by having it with 2 useful sausage attachments as well.
The product is manufactured in China and its strong built and smooth performance has busted all myths that Chinese products are of low standard. It works like a true champion, but however, using bones for grinding in this machine is not possible. That could be the only reason for the breaking or any malfunctioning of your machine. Moreover, it is probably the only product which is offered with an exclusive warranty of 5 years.
It is an 800 Watt motor grinder/ mincer which has all copper wires and stainless steel housing. The low noise level while operating and the reverse function make it a highly valuable product for the user. The food tray used is made up of metal and can be removed as well for convenience. Further, it is of good size and comes with useful non-slippery type of rubber feet.
Ingredients including fats and spices can be controlled to make the meat suitable to your taste. There are three exchangeable cutting plates forgiving you fine, medium and coarse meat out of the system. The package comes with a useful food pusher, set of veggie shredder and a Kubbe attachment as well.
The product can mince and grind both which most of the products doesn’t offer. Moreover, the machine is easy to disassemble and assemble again which makes cleaning a very easy task.
What Should You Know To Buy The Best Meat Grinder
Types of Meat Grinders
- Electrical – This is the premium option for all those users who are not willing to spend too much time on the grinding process. It is quicker in processing and requires electric source to perform its operation. If you have a big job in hand with larger pieces of meat, then nothing can be more convenient than using this type which is because of its machine already connected with the electronic features. The users also have the liberty of doing several other domestic kitchen tasks while the machine is doing its job.
- Manual – This is ideal choice for those meat lovers who are living in remote areas with no means of electricity to use the electrical grinders. It is manually operated and requires the energy of the user to grind meat. The performance and quality of such equipment is not questionable, but it is just the speed which may trouble users. Grinding meat in this equipment can take good time and using it for a bigger grinding job is not feasible at all.
- Standalone grinders – The standalone grinders come with a wide tube, screw shaft and wide range of plates. The motor is critically important and its quality is dependent on the money you are willing to spend. They are time saving products and using them is only feasible if you have a huge meat grinding job in hand. One major advantage of this type is that it has a reverse function which helps in saving your time.
- Commercial – These are huge systems with powerful motors to support commercial kitchens needs. They also come with the option of sausage stuffing straight from the machine. The grinding speed on average is twice higher than that of a domestic electric grinder. However, it is an electric type too, but performs commercial level grinding task at quick speed.
What we use meat grinder for?
A meat grinder can be used for a number of different purposes. The following is a list of some of the most common uses of a meat grinder:
- A meat grinder helps in removing contamination from the meat which you have purchased in the market. Several meat types available in the market may contain some other meat traces as well which you might not judge by a naked eye.- Sometimes, people get some meat at lower prices from the market and then it is a good idea to grind it for making it free from contamination. Using cheaper mea cuts in piece form can be hazardous for health.
- The grinders allow you to make your own blend for your favorite meat burger or sandwich. You can use such a system to also add chili and spices in your burger blend right through the machine.- Some people like to have a blend of different meat sources such as lamb and beef in one particular dish or even burger or sausages. This can be achieved by using such sophisticated systems.
- The machines allow you with the flexibility to make your own sausages just as you would like to have by having full control over the recipe.
- While you are looking to eat meat in its piece-form, then you usually lose some good chunks of fats and some side and corner parts of the meat while preparing it for cooking. But, if you are butchering the meat yourself in a grinder, then everything can be added and the fats inclusion will certainly enhance the flavor of your meat but make sure that it isn’t too much.
How to select the best?
- The first thing to consider is the type of grinder which can be electric or manual in the classical case. The power efficiency of the electric types must be considered as they can consume a lot of power on bigger grinding jobs.
- Look for the different set of attachments that comes with the product. The attachment can be for sausage preparation and such things add great versatility into the product and helps you save money as well.
- Consider the quality of its built and the stainless steel types are found to be more durable and long lasting as compared with the other options.
- The customers in order to be on the safe side should always look to go with the branded products and it is better not to experiment with such products.
- The easier decision can be taken by referring to the product reviews online which will give you an independent opinion from a third party source about the quality and usefulness of the product.
Things you should prefer
- Sausage stuffers – The majority of grinders today have got this sausage stuffer function which can be found in all manual, electric or other types of grinders.
- Reverse operation – Due to different sizes and edges of meat, the grinders do have the tendency to jam. The reverse operation is preferable to ensure its smooth non-stop operation with no jamming of the meat at all.
- Cleaning – Cleaning of such equipment is essential for hygienic purposes. You must choose a system which is easier to clean and maintain after every use.
- Versatility –Several versatile models are available in the market which can do three jobs such as grinding meat, making pasta and mincing ingredients.
Several types of versatile meat grinders are available in the market. You cannot pick one and call it the best option as all have something special to offer. The manual grinders with their same output, but heavy input are still preferred by many. The electric type provides the best option in terms of convenience and speed.
Try to compare the available option via reading meat grinder reviews and evaluate the top features of the top products which will skim up the best available product available in the market which is suitable as well according to your needs.